2015 Walk so Kids Can Talk presented by BMO (the "Event")
Waiver, Release and Indemnity
Please carefully review the following waiver, release and indemnity. You, or your parent or legal guardian if you are under the legal age of majority in your province or territory of residence (referred to in this document as the "Minor"), must agree to the terms and conditions below in order for you to be eligible to register and participate in the Event.
In consideration of being permitted to participate in the Event and on behalf of (i) myself and my respective successors, heirs, assigns and anyone else who may make any claim for or on my behalf; or (ii) the Minor (of whom I am the parent or legal guardian) and his/her successors, heirs, assigns and anyone else who may make any claim for or on his/her behalf, I hereby represent and agree as follows:
- There is no medical reason which would restrict my ability or the ability of the Minor (as the case may be) to participate in the Event.
- I give Kids Help Phone ("KHP") and Bank of Montreal ("BMO") and their respective affiliates and advertising agencies, the irrevocable and perpetual right to reproduce, copy, display, modify, publish, or otherwise use the image, picture, portrait, photograph, electronic reproduction or other likeness of myself or the Minor (as the case may be), with or without our names associated thereto, in any media and manner, without restriction as to changes or alterations, for advertising, trade, promotion, exhibition, or any other lawful purpose.
- I waive any right to inspect or approve the image, picture, portrait, photograph, electronic reproduction or other likeness of myself or the Minor (as the case may be), whether modified or not, that may be used now or in the future, whether that use is known to me or unknown. I agree that I will have no claim to royalties, compensation or other benefit, and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based upon invasion of privacy, defamation, or right of publicity) arising out of any use or any blurring, distortion, alteration, optical illusion, or use in composite form, whether or not intentional, of any image, picture, portrait, photograph, electronic reproduction or other likeness of me or the Minor (as the case may be).
- I acknowledge and agree that my personal information or that of the Minor (as the case may be) provided in connection with registering for the Event is collected, stored and used by KHP to maintain a record of those who have entered the Event and for the purpose of administration of the Event. KHP will only use my email address to communicate with me about the Event. I understand that I have the option to opt-in to receive communications about other KHP news or events by selecting the relevant option on the registration page.
- I am aware that the Event site and route are on public property and that as a participant I or the Minor (as the case may be) may be interacting with individuals who are not participants and who may not be aware of the Event.
- I understand that any Minor under the age of sixteen (16) must not be left unsupervised at any time in any area of the Event site, including in the Family Zone and that any Minor that is sixteen (16) years or older may attend the Event without adult supervision.
- I hereby release, waive and forever discharge KHP, BMO and all other sponsors, officials, organizers and all other associations, sanctioning bodies and each of their respective employees, agents, directors, officers, shareholders, officials and, servants (collectively the "Releasees"), of and from any and all proceedings, claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses, actions and causes of action (whether known or unknown) whatsoever, both in law and in equity, which I or the Minor (as the case may be) now have or may hereafter have for or by reason of or in respect of participation in the Event, whether as a spectator, participant, competitor or otherwise, and notwithstanding that same may have been contributed to, or occasioned by, the negligence of any of the Releasees.
- I further hereby undertake or hold and save harmless and agree to indemnify all of the Releasees from and against any and all liability incurred by any or all of them as a result of, or in any way connected with, my participation or the participation of the Minor (as the case may be) at the Event.
- I understand that I have the option to register to participate in my workplace campaign and either: (a) allow my employer to receive details about my registration from KHP (including my name, contact information, and total pledge dollars raised); or (b) remain anonymous and thereby not allow my employer to receive details about my registration from KHP.
- The provisions of this waiver, release and indemnity shall ensure to the benefit of the respective heirs, executors, administrators, personal representatives, successors and assigns of each of the Releases and shall be binding upon my heirs, executors, administrators and personal representatives and the heirs, executors, administrators and personal representatives of the Minor (as the case may be).
- The provisions of this waiver, release and indemnity shall be governed by the laws of Ontario.
- By submitting this Waiver, Release and Indemnity, I acknowledge having read, understood and agreed to the above waiver, release and indemnity on my own behalf or on behalf of the Minor (as the case may be).